Why Would I Need Braces?
The American Association of Orthodontists has found that up to 75% of Americans are dealing with a “malocclusion” or “irregular contact of opposing teeth in upper and lower jaws.” This just means that a large amount of all Americans has crooked or misaligned teeth.
What Benefits do Braces Provide?
Orthodontists provide services to help those Americans who have crooked or misaligned teeth. The benefits of braces are:
- A beautiful smile can be restored
- The patient is able to properly chew his or her food
- The teeth are protected more thoroughly from cracking or breaking
- The bone structure of the mouth is preserved
- A patient will enjoy better oral hygiene. Because the crooked teeth have many crevices in which bacteria can hide, the bacterium can then gain a foothold and bring decay to the teeth. Straight teeth are easier to clean.
What is Invisalign?
The Invisalign system uses clear, plastic trays to slowly straighten crooked and misaligned teeth. Each tray carries out the straightening process a little further just as the process of braces does for your teeth. A 3-D digital image of your mouth is used create the custom straightening trays.
What are the Advantages of Invisalign?
The advantages of Invisalign that have made it a popular choice are:
- Better comfort – The aligning trays are made of a smooth plastic so they feel comfortable as opposed to braces which use wires and brackets that poke.
- Better treatment time – With Invisalign you will get results in 9-15 months but braces usually take 2-3 years to completely straighten the teeth.
- Better aesthetics – Braces come with the obvious wires and brightly colored bands but the Invisalign aligner trays are almost invisible.
- Better menu – Braces limit the foods and drinks you are allowed to have but since the Invisalign trays are removed for eating, you can eat whatever foods you desire and then reinsert the trays.
- Better oral hygiene – Brushing around wires and brackets is complicated and intimidating, but when using the Invisalign system you only need to remove the trays from your mouth. You will brush, floss and rinse and then replace the trays when done.
MOST INSURANCES WELCOME AND MAXIMIZED!
NEW PATIENT SPECIALS & FINANCING OPTIONS AVAILABLE.
Contact us and schedule your visit today.
We Take Your Dental Insurance
We’ll make the process of paying for your dental care as simple as possible! Our office accepts a wide variety of insurance plans, and we’re always happy to file your claim for you so that you can be sure to receive the maximum benefits available to you. Knight Dental Care accepts most insurances! Call us today to find out how we can maximize your insurance plan!
The Proof is in Our Patients
Meet Dr. Mark Knight and Dr. Ashley Hankinson, Your Trusted Flint Family & Cosmetic Dentists!
Dr. Mark Knight
Dr. Knight has dedicated his professional career to providing you with the best that dentistry has to offer. Dr. Knight is continually educating himself & his staff on the latest techniques in order to offer state-of-the-art, comfortable & personalized dental care to you & your family.
For two generations, the Knight family has been providing dental comfort & care to the Flint community. His father, Dr. Ralph Knight, began practicing dentistry in the Flint area in the early 1960s. For the past 18 years, Dr. Mark Knight, a graduate of the Northwestern University School of Dentistry in Chicago, has carried on the family tradition of serving the people of Flint.
Dr. Knight is a member of the American Dental Association, the Michigan Dental Association, the Chicago Dental Society, the American Orthodontic Society & various study clubs, & is a Certified Invisalign® Provider.
Dr. Knight looks forward to your visit & to showing you how exceptional dentistry can improve your life.
Dr. Ashley Hankinson
Dr. Ashley Hankinson grew up in Grand Blanc and is a graduate of Grand Blanc High School. She continued her education at Michigan State University where she received her Bachelor of Science in Psychology. Dr. Hankinson received her Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from Marquette University School of Dentistry in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. After dental school, Dr. Hankinson completed a two-year multi-campus fellowship at Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Harvard Medical School, and Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health.
During her time in Boston, she was employed in private practice as a general dentist. Dr. Hankinson prides herself on her passion for dentistry and uses her caring and gentle demeanor to make each dental appointment as fun and relaxing as possible. When not at the office, Dr. Hankinson enjoys spending time with her family and friends, hiking, snowboarding, and cheering on her favorite sports teams.