Implants Are the Perfect Solution for Missing Teeth
Missing a tooth? Dental implants can be used if you have lost one tooth or several teeth. They are comfortable, look natural and if cared for properly can last the rest of your life. Dr. Knight and his staff at Knight Dental Care are trained and experienced with providing quality dental implants to their patients.
What Is Involved in a Dental Implant Treatment?
Dental implants are replacement teeth permanently embedded in your jawbone. Before that is done Dr. Knight and his staff will take x-rays and impressions of the areas that need to be treated. A specific plan for your implants will be made. Dr. Knight will also need to diagnose the condition of your jawbone. Using all this information will allow him to know exactly where to place the implants.
Once your plan is decided, a titanium rod is embedded into the jawbone where the missing tooth is located. Time is needed to allow the rod to become embedded into your natural bone structure so the next step will not be scheduled for 8-12 weeks. Once your gums and jawbone have adjusted, the replacement teeth are added and the process is finished.
Dental Implants Provide Several Benefits
Dental implants provide several clear benefits over the other options for replacing missing teeth.
- Look natural and easily blend with your remaining natural teeth
- Permanently placed and will last a lifetime
- Provide additional strength for natural teeth that are nearby
- Provide stable replacements for missing teeth by creating a new root for the replacement tooth with the embedded titanium rod
- Embedded directly into the jawbone and will help maintain the integrity of your bone structure in the places where you have lost teeth