A dental crown is a “cap” that is placed over a tooth to restore the shape, size and strength of the original tooth. Crowns are used to restore teeth that have been damaged beyond the help of a filling. Teeth can become damaged by infection, decay or even a traumatic injury. Dr. Mark Knight at Knight Dental Care uses crowns to give your teeth a natural look but restore the damage to your teeth.
The benefits of a crown are:
- Crowns can offer a foundation for dental bridges
- Biting and chewing abilities can be restored
- A cracked or stained tooth can be healed
- A beautiful smile can be restored
- A renewed sense of confidence can be gained as you interact daily with others
Dr. Knight will restore your damaged tooth in just two office visits. At your first visit, he will remove the decay from the damaged tooth and prepare it for the placement of the new crown. When you return for the second visit, the permanent crown will be added. You can then enjoy your restored tooth! Please call Knight Dental Care today to schedule an appointment to have that damaged tooth checked by our friendly and professional staff.